New PUCEST step plate has proven itself
Step plates test phase marl hall
Site in Höver briefly in figures
Almost 10,000 t of raw material per day,
Annual production: approx. 1.5 million t
Aggregate size 0 – 120 mm
Requirement: 100 % reliable plant availability
Conveyed in all weather conditions and seasons, continuously without plant shutdowns
Repair and maintenance shutdowns:
Only three weeks of maintenance and revision per year
Too fast and high abrasive wear at the belt transitions.
All common polyurethane and rubber makes in different colors were tested.
If an interim replacement of the worn baffle plates was necessary, this could only be carried out at the weekend. (Higher personnel costs!!!)
Premature abrasive wear on the main impact zones
Here was installed a red rubber – service life, until the plate had a hole, was about 4 weeks. Around this hole, material caking occurs additionally and even more strongly.
Moist conveyed material tends to caking in every transition and builds up.
Increased cleaning effort is the result.
If cleaning is not carried out regularly, the material caking forms a bridge to clogging and malfunction!
PUCEST step plate test phase
- One year of production is over: time to present a result.
- Application: Discharge distribution tower and marl hall for raw material.
- High abrasive load with different grain sizes, dry and wet 0-120mm.
- A result, which can be seen (see following pictures):
Grain size: 2-120mm
Per minute approx.
9.6 t are literally hurled against each other.
- Easy assembly, even during initial installation
- Long service life
- Regular time-consuming and expensive cleaning is no longer necessary (only short visual inspections)
- The cost-benefit analysis showed an absolutely positive result
Further use of PUCEST products is already implemented and in planning:
since July 2015 a PUCEST side guide has been installed at the raw gypsum feed: works perfectly without wear!
since November 2017 a total of 14 step plates are already in use – more will follow!